The theme for the
Fall 2012 Spring 2013 Fall 2013 upcoming Trees & Hills anthology is SHARING and COOPERATION. Titled SHARE, it will help celebrate the International Year of Cooperatives.
As with all our anthologies, we are most interested in both fiction and nonfiction comics with a community-minded orientation – comics that show an awareness of connection to the world around them and aim to make some sort of contribution to it, ideally with direct relevance to our region.
Check our story ideas page for possible inspiration.
- Contributors should, of course, live in Vermont, New Hampshire, or western Massachusetts.
- Comics should be suitable for a general audience.
- Please let us know your story idea & approximate length as soon as possible (& let us know if you change your mind).
- Length: 1-6 pages. The printed page size will be 5.5” x 8.5”, image area around 5” x 8” – please proportion your comic accordingly.
- Send 600 dpi B&W .tif files (300 dpi OK if you need to use grayscale) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the format [last name]-tnh12-[page number] for the filenames – for example tedford-tnh12-01.tif (“tnh12″ because Share is Trees and Hills anthology #12). You may also send clean photocopies to Trees & Hills, PO Box 645, Winchester, NH 03470.
- Please include in your email:
- a 1-3 sentence blurb about yourself;
- website or other preferred contact info (if any);
- a mailing address for your contributor copies.
September 6 September 23, 2012 March 24 August 31, 2013to be announced.
- Each contributor will receive one copy of SHARE for each page of their work that appears in it. Contributors may purchase additional copies at wholesale (50% of cover price).
- We prefer new comics, but may consider existing work that is a good fit. If accepted, we ask that you not print your submission elsewhere (except an online excerpt) for at least six months from the anthology’s release date.
- SHARE will eventually be compiled with other T&H anthologies into a book collection; we also plan to release digital versions of our anthologies at some point. Contributors will receive one copy of the book for each piece they have in it, and may purchase additional copies at wholesale (50% of cover price). They will also receive a copy of the digital version.
- We are also looking for theme-appropriate designs for the contents page and back cover. The contents page will need to have room for us to type in the title, table of contents, and indicia. The back cover needs room for us to type in the list of contributors. Email email@example.com if you are interested.
- Past anthologies