Trees & Hills wants to see your winter-themed comics for a special seasonal anthology!
The theme for this anthology is WINTER. The working title is Trees & Hills Winter Special 2013 (we’re open to something catchier).
As usual, community-minded & regionally-oriented pieces get extra consideration. We will accept pre-existing stories.
We may post a list of wintery things soon to This list of wintery stuff may help spark story ideas, or at least get you in the right frame of mind.
- Contributors should, of course, live in Vermont, New Hampshire, or western Massachusetts.
- Comics should be suitable for a general audience.
- Please let us know your story idea & approximate length as soon as possible (& let us know if you change your mind).
- Length: 1-6 pages. The printed page size will be 5.5” x 8.5”, image area around 5” x 8” – please proportion your comic accordingly.
- Send 600 dpi B&W .tif files with LZW compression (300 dpi OK if you need to use grayscale and don’t worry about the compression if you don’t know how to do it) to email@example.com. Please use the format [last name]-[page number] for the filenames – for example Tedford-01.tif. You may also send clean photocopies to Trees & Hills, PO Box 645, Winchester, NH 03470 — but be careful not to cut it too close; we don’t have any slack in the deadline (if you’re running out of time, email us & we may be able to send the T&H Mobile Scanning Unit to meet you).
- Please include in your email:
- a 1-3 sentence blurb about yourself;
- website or other preferred contact info (if any);
- a mailing address for your contributor copies.
- Deadline: November 17, 2013 (sorry, no extensions — we’re only leaving a week for production).
- The print edition will be very limited — only thirty or so (plus contributor copies), enough to get us through our winter tour — but we’ll also release a digital version.
- Each contributor will receive one print copy of Winter Special and a copy of the digital version. Contributors may pre-order additional print copies at 50% of cover price and may sell the digital version through their personal webshop.
- Winter Special may eventually be compiled with other T&H anthologies into a book collection (with accompanying digital version). If so, contributors will receive one copy of the book for each piece they have in it and may purchase additional copies at 50% of cover price. They will also receive a copy of the digital version which they may sell through their personal webshop.
- We are also looking for theme-appropriate designs for the front cover, back cover, and contents page. The front cover doesn’t need to match the template of our usual anthologies, and with such a small print run we can potentially get even fancier than usual (snow sparkles? hand-drawn or -colored elements?). The contents page will need to have room for us to type in the title, table of contents, and indicia. The back cover needs room for us to type in the list of contributors. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
- Past anthologies